Saturday, June 15, 2013

Cherish Humor - Carrie's Silly Jokes

Let's eat grandma!
Let's eat, grandma!
Punctuation 
Saves Lives!

There's a part in my novel, Cherish, where Carrie, the protagonist, and her family gather together for an impromptu reunion. They retell family stories, sing (and play) favorite songs, and Carrie tells them some silly jokes she has developed around common, day-to-day things.

Carrie's Silly Jokes:


Garage Sales and Yard Sales confuse me because I've been to them and never once have I been able to purchase a yard or even the garage to put on one! And don't get me started about Rummage Sales! What the heck is a 'rummage' anyway? It sounds like something a pirate would drink. Yo! Ho! Ho! And a bottle of Rummage!

You know all of this talk about opening up the Borders? I sure wish they would! That was one of my favorite stores!


I thought about going to Bed, Bath, and Beyond, but I had second thoughts. I'm not ready to go to the Great Beyond just yet. But it's mighty nice that people have a place where they can get a little rest and grab a shower before their journey to the Other Side.

 Wanted to work on the yard, but my budget's a bit tight right now, so I headed over to Dollar Tree. You know they got mad at me when I threw the cashier a dollar and started to drive off with one of the trees they had on display out in the parking lot -- and after I did all the work to dig it up, too!


I went to Walmart. Now they had quite a few walls, but when I brought the crane up to take one of those bad boys home, they called security!


Well, I'll tell ya. I went to Stein Mart, too, and I couldn't find even one stein! All they had there was a bunch of useless clothes and accessories! Pfft! Go figure!


[Author's Disclaimer:
Some (or none) of these silly jokes may be used in the story, since I'm still in the writing process. ;-) ]

Go out and have some silly weekend fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment