Sunday, September 29, 2013

B. Author and the Power of Parentheses


Hi! B. Author, here. Okay. It's Lee Lane, but Lee, Author, doesn't have quite the same impact that B. Author has, in my opinion. Of course, you would have to have been around in the 70s to understand the joke. If you weren't, you can probably Google it.

Anyway, so I'm sitting here this afternoon just thinking about this story of mine. (It was raining earlier, thus the rain and writing message.) I wrote some of this stuff a long time ago, bits and pieces. I was going to have them as memories at one time set somewhere within the novel series. I thought of using them as part of a prologue, but found the prologue was getting rather, well, lengthy. So I tossed them over into the "I don't know what I'm going to do with this stuff..." pile.

Yeah, writers have piles like that. They have "This is wack!" piles too.

Then one day I was sitting here at my desk thinking about how, in some ways, I wish I could begin all over again with my series of novels already in progress. That's when I decided to just start writing the series as something new and fresh and, well, Cherish was born, and I found a place for that stuff I didn't know what I was going to do with.

I have to say that I certainly didn't expect this story to become what it has become. There are twists and turns in it that I didn't even anticipate taking -- and I'm the writer! But I've found that writing is like that sometimes, a lot of the time -- it surprises you.

I hope when it's published that it will surprise you too. (In a good way.)


(Parentheses. They're a good thing.)

(If you're a Neil Gaiman fan, then you'll understand why I just said that -- and why I'm using them, except for me it was Tolkien. But C.S. and J.R.R. were buds, mostly, so it's cool.)

Have a beautiful Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment