Thursday, September 19, 2013

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Well, one of the most delightful days of the year has almost drawn to its close in these waters and I would be remiss if I didn't honor it right and proper by posting a link to my favorite pirate of all time and the very site that celebrates this day.

So, without any further arrrrrdieu, I give you my most favorite pirate of them all, Westley, otherwise known as, The Dread Pirate Roberts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzO-sv0mtZ4

And... The International Talk Like a Pirate website:

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/

And what do Pirates have to do with my novel, Cherish? I'm glad you asked!

Pirates are a big part of Florida myth and lore and the history of the surrounding islands and Caribbean, and Cherish is rooted in all things Florida! So when you read the book you'll get a chance to read about a Pirate and a Mermaid via the storytelling of the main character's grandfather, a regular old Pirate at heart himself.

Arrrr! Ye Scallywags! May yer sails alway billow with a fair wind, aye!


No comments:

Post a Comment